Diverse therapeutic modalities are used in Functional Sex Therapy to facilitate patient change.
The following techniques are the most often used:
– Teaching of corporeal skills and breathing techniques
– Sex information based on the functional sexuality model
– Examination of sexual beliefs and attitudes
– Analysis of the relationship between sexual excitement (physiological activation) and sexual pleasure (emotional activation)
– Self-observation of the course of sexual tension (sexual excitement‒sexual pleasure) and reflection on its relationship with body movements and sexual cognitive processes.
– Directed perception, perceptual modalities modification, corporeal and intrapsychic applications of sexual tension management techniques
– Scientific experimentation of new ways of moving and thinking, utilization of the personal and couple potential
– Analysis of the sexual and affectionate corporeal and verbal communication between the partners